Make it last – bottle care and cleaning
- Make sure the valve is open before trying to remove it — we also suggest taking the cap off the bottle
- Turn the valve until you’ve aligned the dots on the valve and cap — you may have to apply a little extra pressure when turning the valve to line it up correctly
- The little “wings” on the valve will slip underneath the vertical sidewalls of the cap and then you can pull the valve straight out
- To reinsert, line up the dots again and push valve closed, then twist clockwise to lock in place.
All Polar Bottle water bottles are completely dishwasher safe, including the cap and valve. The bottle should be washed on the top rack only. We recommend placing the valve in the silverware tray to prevent it from being knocked off and falling onto the heating element.
Don’t waste an entire bottle just because of the cap! We offer free replacement caps and CarryLoops.
An estimated two million tons of single-use plastic bottles end up in landfills every year. We don’t want any of our reusable, durable bottles to be among them just because of a damaged cap.
The caps and CarryLoops are free. All you have to do is pay for shipping.
• Remove the cap from your lifestyle Ergo or stainless steel Thermaluxe
• Remove the inner gasket by simply pulling up on gasket and separating it from the cap threading.
• To reinsert, pop the silicone gasket back into the cap. Be sure that it is tucked underneath the bottom threading of the cap.
The dimples are actually part of the insulation, as well as a way to help the bottle keep its shape. The primary insulation in our design is the air barrier between the inner and outer bottle. The dimples help increase that barrier. Polar Bottle products are also manufactured in Boulder Colorado where the altitude is 5,430 Feet. The dimples prevent the bottle from collapsing at sea level.
To deep clean the inside of your bottle we suggest:
- Toss your bottle on the top rack of your dishwasher
- Rinse with vinegar and baking soda
- Fill the bottle halfway with dry rice and top it off with hot soapy water; shake. The rice helps clean in the nooks and crannies.
Our bottles are manufactured and shipped from our Boulder, Colorado headquarters, which is at an elevation of 5,430 feet. Because of the high elevation, when we ship to lower altitudes the pressure change can temporarily collapse the bottle.
Rest assured the bottle will correct itself, once it gets a little use.
Please first remove the cap, and wash the bottle with warm water, or in the dishwasher. Then, simply use the bottle as you normally would. This will force the pressure inside the bottle to equilibrate faster and the bottle will take its intended shape.
If the bottle still looks collapsed after several weeks of use, please contact us and we will send you a replacement immediately.
Recycling your bottle or hydration system
Our bottles are designed to last for years, but if it is time to retire your bottle or hydration system, rest assured that it won’t end up in a landfill.
How to recycle your water bottle
- Remove the cap and CarryLoop from the bottle
- On the Sport or Ergo bottle, using a sharp box cutter or knife, carefully, cut from the mouth of the bottle down the entire side of the bottle. NEVER cut towards your body and keep all fingers out of reach of the blade
- Using your hands, reach under the outer wall of the bottle and pull the sections apart, you should see the outer bottle, the foil lining, and the inner bottle
- Pull the inner bottle out of the outer bottle and remove the foil lining
- The foil liner is not recyclable. However, the other pieces can all be thrown into a single stream recycling bin
- To recycle the cap simply remove the valve or gasket
- The stainless steel Thermaluxe is not recyclable
How to recycle your hydration system
- To recycle your old Cenote Hydration reservoir separate the bag from the cap connector
- Cut out the plastic cap connector made of plastic #2 from the rest of the bag made of plastic #4 and stick them separately into your recycle bin.
GET 50% OFF A NEW BOTTLE OR HYDRATION SYSTEM
Upload a picture of your disassembled bottle or Cenote reservoir and we’ll send you a coupon code for 50% off our online store.